Monday, November 2, 2009

The Formica Monologues.


So, I posted about Formica counters and a bunch of you had thoughtful comments on the topic ranging from "Ew, gross" (I am paraphrasing) to "Good grief. We need to get over ourselves. Not everyone can afford Carrara marble. It was an affordable solution at that time, just as paperstone is today."

True. But that kitchen was ugly. I suppose it's less about Formica itself, and how you use it in the kitchen.

So, let me ask this:

Do you have Formica that is working for you? Send a photo and I will post. (I remember, actually, a Domino photo that showed a happy pink & brown kitchen with Formica counters and, well, I was impressed how cheerful and successful the room was. It certainly put my then-Formica counters to shame. But what didn't, really? Nothing. Nothing, is the answer. They were horrifying.)

And then let me ask this:

For the money, what counter material presents the best value for the look, in your opinion? And what IS paperstone? What would be your counter of choice on a budget, and then if money were no object.

Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment