Thursday, October 29, 2009

Big gay sofas.




I get so many lame PR emails every day and I rarely pass any of that business on to you, my faithful, but I did get one from the people over at MG + BW, and I was excited because the sender actually proved to me she read this blog and didn't just send me one of those spammy "Dear Sir/Madam" emails telling me how excited I would be about these carpet tiles or other awful Dwell-ish wingdings. Plus, I am not going to lie, she straight-up admited that the office was giggling over the classy penis chandelier posted HERE.

So, for all those reasons, Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams get love from me, and I shall give love to their new book, which you can buy HERE.


And since I am on a big gay rights bandwagon (in fact, at this very moment, I am wearing pleather, a cockring, and speed-reading James Baldwin and Gore Vidal books as a silent vigil until Seattle votes YES ON 71...) I figure our friends Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams deserve a little shout out for this:


Mitchell and Bob are seen as a major force for gay rights by many, including The Human Rights Campaign, where Mitchell served on the board for seven years. Out magazine named him to 2007’s “Top 50 Most Powerful Gay People in America”, and The Advocate gave him a 2006 “People of the Year Award.” In 2005, Mitchell founded Faith In America, a non-profit working to end religion-based bigotry against LGBT Americans (www.faithinamerica.com). Last fall, Mitchell published CRISIS: 40 Stories Revealing the Personal, Social, and Religious Pain & Trauma of Growing Up Gay in America and received the Stonewall Community Foundation’s distinguished Visionary Award for his work. Bob also makes design contributions, such as creating table settings for Elle Décor’s Dining by Design, a benefit for DIFFA, and styling rooms for The Hamptons Designer Showhouse by House & Garden, benefiting Southampton Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment