Monday, October 13, 2008

News of the world.


It's 5:40. It's way too early to be up on a Monday morning, but I have a lot of work to do.

No new posts for you. Why? Well, there's nothing new in the world of decor. Nothing. I just flipped through my new Domino book. If you already have stacks of the old magazines, you don't need it. It's all recycled. I'm disappointed.

The Macaroni Off went well, for those who are following along. 6 entries, about 15 eaters, many rounds of voting, lots of me trying to pay off the kids to vote for me. In the end, my fiance's brother won with a recipie that seemed very similar to a Martha Stewart version a few of you recommended a few posts ago. It was all totally fun, I highly recommend you throw a competitive potluck. I was surprised how everyone got into it. The only bad thing was that I forgot to go buy a cheap old trophy at a junk store, glue macaroni all over it and spraypaint it gold. I mean, if I had known there would be a trophy involved, I may have stepped up my game.

Let's see... in other news, I was reading THIS article about Andy Martin, the man responsible for starting so many rumors about Obama, and I enjoyed this tidbit about Mr. Martin:

He is a law school graduate, but his admission to the Illinois bar was blocked in the 1970s after a psychiatric finding of “moderately severe character defect manifested by well-documented ideation with a paranoid flavor and a grandiose character. Wow.

In other news, after THIS, I just wanted to punch Maureen Dowd. She's beyond obnoxious.

What else? I am ready to buy. The Decorno is going to buy some cheap stocks today. Very excited about that. Sure, we may not have hit bottom, but so many good things are on sale, so why not, right? I've got a lot of years before retirement.

That's all for now. This donut farmer needs to head to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment