Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shake that thing & misc notes.


I didn't know that orthodox Jews (men, anyway) can't shake hands with women. I learned that the other day. I wasn't offended but it is weird to have this cultural moment where someone refused to touch me. I was untouchable. Hm.

On the other hand, I hate hugging, so can we try to make that a religious thing? That is my new deal. Hugging is against my religion. So are air kisses. So quit with your affection because you are violating my, like, spirituality and stuff.

In other news, I'm so glad it's fall. It smells like smoke and fires and pine trees and juniper and fog. Ok, I know fog doesn't smell, but you know what I mean. I love that.

Oh - I have a new word. Are you ready for it? Momnesia. It's when you get super excited to hang out with your mom for a long weekend and your better half reminds you that after 3 days you typically want to kill each other so why they hell are you getting so excited about your upcoming weekend on Orcas Island? Yeah. I have a mad case of momnesia. That's ok. I am excited for that adventure.

That's all I've got. I have the day off tomorrow. I love having a work day off. You can actually get practical shit done like getting new glasses, waxing your pikachu, getting some alterations done... that sort of thing. Oh you stay-at-homies. The Decorno is jealous of you bitches. So very jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment