Thursday, January 14, 2010

Remember that kitchen? The owner speaks:


Did you read THIS post? Here is follow up from Mark, the owner. (Mark, thanks for leaving our comment on that post.)


Wow, thanks for all of the discussion about our house. I'd like to help some of you understand how we use this kitchen. I cook everyday in this kitchen. I am a foodie and am in the process of getting an Italian cookbook/memoir published. All of the recipes in the book were tested in this kitchen. When we have parties in the house, whether it is for a couple of friends or for a party of 200, I prepare all of the food. Trust me, this kitchen gets used a lot. True there is no "prep" area next to the stove, but the griddle surface on the stovetop is used as a prep surface and the marble elliptical slab behind it it a huge work surface. Some people step to their left or right to access their prep surface, mine is just directly me--just as close.
The sink is very functional, and unless you are taking a shower in it, the frames do not get wet. They have been there for 10 years and are still in perfect shape.

If you are interested in seeing the Sub-Zero fridge and the Bosch dishwasher, I invite you to check out my blog: www.mark-leslie.net and scroll down to the Oct 22, 2009 entry untitled "To refrigerate or not to refrigerate. There is a photo of that angle of the kitchen. The Sub-Zero is on the wall opposite the sink. Thanks to everyone for the comments both positive and otherwise. We love this kitchen. Oh, by the way, the kitchen is not huge, it is only 12' x 14' and is manageable and comfortable. HERE is a direct link to my blog entry with the fridge picture.

-Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment