Sunday, December 28, 2008

Best comment ever:


People have been rediscovering an old post I did HERE about my entertaining pet peeves, one of which is being asked to take my shoes off. I had no idea how riled up people get about this issue. People seem to forget that I am never to be taken seriously. Ever. But they do. And I just sigh.

Anyhoo, the old post has generated new comment action. In fact, it think it's generated the best comment ever on Decorno:




"It's amazing that the same queens who ask to eat my ass are afraid of germs tracked in off the street. I don't attend sock hops and that label in my shoe is for my eyes, not yours.

My 'things that are wrong' include guest hand towels. Nobody will use them. I usually scrunch up towels just so people don't wipe hands on their pants. The tea towel covering not-for-use towels kind of bothers me as well.

Another wrong thing is the dish you brought for my dinner party. You can't use my stove, refrigerator, or serving dishes. I put a lot of work into this and I'm not ready for your famous risotto. It looks like spanish rice. Leave it at home.

Door hangers bother me. They are people who gravitate towards my doorways and just hover there. I made sure there was plenty of seating throughout the house. Please don't block the doorway. If I throw lit matches at your pashmina we may all need a hasty exit. Oh and what's with the pashmina, Bill?

I respect and understand non-smoking households. I am comfy smoking outdoors. My house is usually non-smoking. I do however make sure there is a comfy smoking lounge for chimney guests. If you do not smoke, you are not allowed in the smoking area. We all know you'll walk around sniffing your sweater for the rest of the evening and giving an old lady cough."



Now THAT is a comment, people. Gold star for you, Anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment