Monday, December 29, 2008

Those corny Christmas cards.


You know those corny family Christmas cards, the ones that people have printed up at the drugstore? I love 'em. I love that they aren't letterpressed or otherwise dolled up with rivets and ribbons. I love that they are so cheap and cheerful. I love to see our friends' kids. I am genuinely excited to tear open the mail and find out how big Marc and Susie's daughter is now. I just love it.

We were never Christmas card people growing up. Like hugging, it's one of those middle class things I have had to learn to appreciate, but I am completely won over by Christmas cards now. (Still working on hugging, FYI.)

Our friends keep all the cards year after year and then put them out in a big bowl for people to flip through. Brilliant. I am going to steal that idea. To be able to flip through and see all these friends year after year and see how the kids have grown and what they are wearing. Totally adorable.

So - as we wrap up the holidays - do you have any ideas to steal? Any cool ideas you or friends have? Traditions for Christmas or New Year's? Let me know.

And what are you doing for the New Year, anyway? I wanna hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment