Saturday, December 20, 2008

If you had to pick...

What's your favorite Christmas song?

I have a few contenders:

The Pogues, Fairy Tale of New York



Hallelujah, the Jeff Buckley version... I think it counts as a Christmas song for most of us.


Rufus Wainwright (fucking brilliant), singing "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" - - and not just the 20 seconds from the '98 GAP ad... singing the whole song. What a voice.


And any version of "Baby It's Cold Outside," but especially this one from Elf with Zooey Deschanel and Will Farrell. Her voice! Who knew? Delightful.


I haven't had much holiday spirit until tonight, when I finally started my Christmas shopping, started addressing Christmas cards, started listening to some holiday tunes, and started drinking. (This is how good people survive the holidays, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment