Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dan Marty, I think I love you.



Let's discuss the most recent issue of Western Interiors. It's a hot magazine, let me tell you. I wanted to talk to you all about Dan Marty, and I am too lazy to scan photos to post here (bad blogger) so in googling around the interwebs, I found THIS fine blog, which has photos (some of which are posted here). Sigh. Loved the issue (mostly) and really, really loved his place.




HOWEVER, if you have a copy of the current issue, please turn to page 116 and check out that Colorado house and let me know what you think. Little shop of horrors, if you ask me. It's like when you spend your vacations in the high desert of, say, central Oregon and you go to the town of Sisters and you walk into that one place that's like a fake oldie timey general store and there are antlers everywhere and lamps made of animal skins. Just looking at it gave me a PETA impulse. I wanted to pour red paint everywhere not because I am a huge animal advocate, necessarily, but mostly just to make it all go away. Dear god. Michael Wollaeger, you wouldn't sleep there, and you know it. So don't mess with us, man. That's not western design, that's just a costume. Maybe the "most sought after designer in Greenwich" thinks this is what the West should look like, but I would guess most of us don't. Trust me. The lack of subtlety reminded me of THIS treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment