Monday, December 21, 2009

Allure



Does anyone check to see if the links you print in your magazine actually land your reader anywhere? Just wondering. Page 6 of the January issue is a disaster.

The Allure website is a mess. (I know this is probably not your world to manage, but it should be.) Let me know if you want some help over there. I love NYC and I will work for Juvederm.

In more general terms, why can't Cande Nast figure anything out? THE INTERNET IS NOT NEW ANYMORE. And why do the websites of otherwise nicely-designed magazines look like a web version of Better Homes and Gardens?

In related news, in her recent letter, Margaret Russell promises us a new an improved Elle Decor website. (You can read the letter HERE.) I really like Elle Decor (though it's always the same formula... a Carlos Mota-ified clean-lined leggy room, with white walls, Serious Art, Important Furniture and some fucshia flowers strategically placed, but hey, I go for that..) so I am hoping the website will evolve as promised. A magazine-specific name might be a good start. (Point Click What??) But let's hope it gets better soon. It's not very inspiring today.

No comments:

Post a Comment