Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Definition of insanity.

Things I decided would be appropriate to tackle in December:

-Have dining room, hallway, and entry walls replastered by crazy Irish man
-Move all furniture from upstairs to the downstairs
-Have my house invaded by guys who put up a plastic “kill room” and then remove popcorn ceiling from upstairs
-Have hardwood floors refinished upstairs
-Live with beds, dressers, clothes, etc downstairs in one fantastic mess for 2 weeks while this happens
-Paint upstairs
-Paint dining room, hallway, and entry
-Install new lights in bedroom
-Adopt another dog. One with separation anxiety and the need to constantly hump our old dog.
-Have gigantic atlas cedar removed from front yard, a 2-day, $4200 job. (Seriously. That’s how big it is.)


This is what happens, I guess, when you are a compulsive list-maker, and you keep a list of goals in your wallet, and you get to the end of the year and realize about 7 big projects were never completed. Why not cross them all off in December, right? Insane.

Why my family hasn’t murdered me yet is beyond me, but I am grateful to them for not acting on impulses.

No comments:

Post a Comment