Monday, December 14, 2009

The right white.


In the last post, someone asked me to name the perfect shade of white. Too bad I am totally unqualified to answer this.

I am TERRIBLE with color. I know what I like when I see it, but sending me into the store to pick a color is like sending me to Trader Joe's when I am hungry. At TJs, suddenly every sugar-laden crap-ass carb-loaded treat seems like a good idea. At the paint store, I think I am going to find some cool on-trend shade of fabulousness, but then I come out of the store with some totally un-subtle blinding primary-color bullshit. This poor internal color compass is what led me to paint my front room a shade of yellow that my step-kid named "cat-lady yellow".

So, I can't really be responsible for telling all of you what the "right" white is. But I know a number of you out there have your strong opinions about this.

So, let's hear it. What's a great white? And please also tell us where you live. (The right white for Seattle may not be the right white for Phoenix. Or maybe that's a myth? You tell me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment