Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reader home tour:



Stacy from Texas emailed me a note to encourage me to go ahead with the marble and she sent me a link to some photos which show marble installed in her kitchen and her butler's pantry/wine room/

Holy cow. She has one hell of a house. I had to show you.




"In the bar, there are red wine rings everywhere and stains. In the kitchen, next to the sink there are also some pretty worn areas from lemons, limes, vinegar, food coloring, etc... None of this bothers me...I loved the way it looked when it was all perfect and new, but I also love the way it looks now after enjoying it!"








Stacy says, "I had wood installed in the kitchen when we remodeled....it is easy to keep and I like having the floors downstairs all the same material... Our entry hall which has had that same paint for over 15 years...roller blades, bikes, hot wheels. I think the paint was thinned to give it a translucency that is forgiving with wear and tear. Could be a good option for you if you want to give your kitchen floors some interest without doing tiles."






Stacy on the right. No surprise she's as pretty as her home is.


Stacy Hyde owns an eponymous shop in Dallas, Texas. Details HERE.






You can see more HERE.

Feature from Dallas Fort Worth News.
Feature by Christopher Wynn.
Photos by Stephen Karlisch.
Interior designer: Shannon Bowers

No comments:

Post a Comment