Sunday, November 23, 2008

What should I know about kitchen cabinets?


Yesterday when we went shopping for them, I learned things I never knew. I never paid attention to the details of cabinets. Framed or frameless? I had never given it much thought. But I do know all the photos in the binder I brought with me were framed. And inset.

More than a few times I thought to myself, "Fuck. I don't know. I wonder what Joni would do?"

Guess what was no help? The Domino book. Then again, I should remember it's a book about decorating, not remodeling. Nevertheless, I wish it had more detail on this sort of thing.

So, as always, I turn to all of you, the real (and real-life) experts.

What should I know about cabinets?
What do you splurge on?
Where can you cut corners (if ever)?
If we strip away all the snob appeal of getting totally custom cabinets, what is the difference between what you will order in a kitchen showroom or even Lowe's or Ikea?
What are you glad you did?
What mistakes did you make?
What advice do you have for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment