Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What should I do for my new kitchen floor?


(Not my kitchen. If only...)

So, we are finally going to start working on it. It's all pretty standard. We're doing marble counters, either subway or some other tile on the backsplash (I am trying to think of how I can sell my better half on those tiles that are stamped to look like snake in a really subtle way... see your most recent issue of Domino).


The floors, well, I love hex tiles. I do. But I am married to the idea mostly because I haven't given much thought to the alternatives.


I definitely do not want bamboo or laminate something or other.


Ideas? Suggestions?


We live in a brick "Tudor"-esque place built in 1929, if that gives you some context.


Oh - and do you have a link to a photo of a favorite kitchen? I would love to see what is out there and what you recommend.


Thanks in advance for the free advice. It's one of the great benefits of my unpaid blogging job.

No comments:

Post a Comment