Saturday, November 29, 2008

Rough sketch.





There is nothing too exciting here. Mainly I am posting so that I can reference these sketches easily from work or home during our project.

If you've been following along my kitchen project (I am now tagging the series of posts with the ingenious title, "kitchen renovation"), you'll know that this is a big deal for us because we currently have the shittiest kitchen in all of middle class USA. Come late Jan or early February, I will be able to show you the before and after, and you will seriously wonder why you take any decor advice from a chick who managed to live with a shithole kitchen for 4 years.

I'll have more to post soon about our adventures browsing for a big slab of marble.

Also - I have a problem with our stove. Currently, it's *not* centered as it is in the photo above. It's against the small wall there... the challenge is that the kitchen designer guy drew it this way to center it, which is more appealing, but in a kitchen with so little space, we're considering keeping it to the side and allowing for a little more counter/cabinet space to the right. Currently we don't have a cabinet there. We have a butcher block cart thingy and my Kitchen Aid stand mixer is on the bottom. On the butcher block top, we keep a jar full of utensils, etc., and I am concerned about losing that space. If you have thoughts, I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment