Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reader Decorating Dilemma: Matching sofas?


Hey Decorno,
You are the best thing that I read every morning while drinking coffee and contemplating working. I have a question for you because I trust you in all things decor. I have a large living room (20 x 22 feet) that i am trying to make into something that is great for when we have lots of family and or friends over. I am wanting to get 2 couches for the room. Where do you stand on getting 2 couches that are exactly the same? I am one for symmetry, so it naturally appeals to me BUT i am thinking that it may look too much like " I wandered into a big box decorating store and bought the display".

Where do you stand on matching couches?

Thanks
K.
Halifax, NS


I think the more the merrier. If you love the sofa, why not get two if you have the space. I think the key is to mix up other elements like the lamps and end tables.

But what do I know? I am no decorator.

What does everyone else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment