Saturday, March 7, 2009

Roam.


I am taking a month off this summer.

I find this really mind blowing. I have been with my company over 6 years now and I figured that before I turned 7 there, I might want to take more than just a week off at a time.

When I requested the time off many months ago, it seemed pretty distant and I didn't start planning anything for fear the whole thing might blow up. But no. It's coming. So now the questions. When? Where?

I want to go to Italy, Greece and Turkey. A part of my wants to take a boat of some kind from southern Italy to Tunisia just to place a foot on that continent. But then I think I should go to Croatia and Montenegro. Who knows. Somewhere sunny and beachy and not here.



But a larger part of me is tired of getting on planes for work and kinda wants to get in the car with no predetermined plan, and just drive. Away. To California. Through Arizona. On over to Austin, Texas. Keep going through the south.

Decisions, decisions.

My big anxiety now is this: don't squander the time. Do something memorable. And relaxing. And get a bitchin' tan while I'm at it.

I am open to your suggestions. Especially if you've taken a chunk of time off and done something similar. Did you take the trip of a lifetime? When? And to where? Did you love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment