Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day Five: Still life of piles of shit.



My house, which is sort of always a disaster, is much more of one these days. The refrigerator is in the middle of the dining room. The dining table is shoved into a corner of the same room with piles of things we need handy (paper plates, silverware, 2 coffee mugs, napkins, etc.).

I spent time yesterday trying to re-arrange the piles and make the whole dining room/temporary kitchen more usable, but that was a wasted effort. It's all such a mess. There is only one nice thing to look at: a bowl of fruit. Of course the piles of everything else surrounding it just make the whole scheme a still life of piles of shit.

The guts of our lives - everything in the cabinets - is simply not a pretty thing, is it? It's a wonder how people live with open shelving and glass-door refrigerators. I would be forever tidying up if I had them.

Thank god I don't. And won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment