Friday, January 9, 2009

Your dream house? Or vacation house?


First - welcome to the people clicking through from AT and yesterday's link from washingtonpost.com*. Nice to have you newcomers. Keep it up for another 29 days and you'll earn your chip.

Now, yesterday, I threw up a quickie post featuring that crazy stark place in the middle of nowhere. I didn't think it would get too much response, but actually a bunch of you loved it. Some hated it.

So I thought I would open it up to ask people... we think a lot here about what we would put inside our houses, but what is your actual dream home? Town or country? Apartment or house? What style?

Personally, I am obsessed lately with DIY pre-fab shelters like THIS or like THIS. I am dying to buy some land on Orcas Island here in Washington and park my little shack there and just hide away from it all. Of course, the no plumbing thing is tripping me up.

(And speaking of - - Cynthia Kling at Domino bought a $10k Shelter-Kit home, built it, and wrote and article about it. If anyone from Domino is reading, could you please nudge someone to (a) post that article and (b) ask her to write a follow up. Did she like it? Oh, and (c) can you post all her old articles? We love Ms. Kling. She's fun to read and re-read.)

So...what's your kind of dream home or vacation home? Send links or photos and I will post a round up. And of course, leave a comment. And if you HAVE your dream home or vacation home and are particularly proud and want to make me and thousands of other jealous, by all means, email photos and details and I will post the best.

*Thanks Terri.

No comments:

Post a Comment