Saturday, February 7, 2009

A little more progress.




Came home from NY to see that all the cabinets are in. Lots of other things to do to finish them and the whole room, of course. The best part was that all the cabinet boxes piled high in the front room were now empty and the boxes themselves were repurposed in the kitchen to protect those ninny fir floors. I was glad to see the messy tide in my house begin to recede. Shit had taken over every room.

And now that the promise of a new kitchen is starting to seem so real, I am trying to imagine what it will be like to really use it. I was thinking I can't just put my ratty old Ikea flatware back in my new kitchen drawers, can I? No. Answer is definitely no, since this seems like a good time for an upgrade. So maybe today is the day I buy new flatware.

I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to edit all the crap that we will put back into the cupboards and drawers. When we had to remove all the food and dishes from the cabinets before Contractor Gary scrapped all the old cabinets, I kept thinking, "WHY exactly do we have these disgusting old college-era cheap-ass pans in here?" Things we never or rarely use are going to go. We really only use like 3 pans anyway. Time to tidy up.

No comments:

Post a Comment