Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar round up.


Anne Hathaway was robbed.

Most of you didn't see her movie (numbers don't lie) but let me say this: she played a jerk. I don't really love the girl when I see her on TV and doing interviews, but when you see her in Rachel Getting Married, you see that she plays this jerk - this crummy, self-involved, addicted mess and she makes you love her despite her un-likable-ness (is that a word?). It's remarkable.

Oh, and god bless Sean Penn and his scoldy speech. God bless him.

Kate Winslet's hair... yikes.. And Sophia Loren looked like an old plastic hooker doll plopped on top of a wedding cake. I know she's 74, but if she's competent enough to read lines from a teleprompter, she's competent enough to hire a stylist, for the love of god.

And what was up with the bad dresses? And let's talk about SJP and her husband. I know that their marriage is their own business and that a lot of couples make it work after an affair, but there is something unseemly about his sloppy portliness and the fact that she's chosen - as many women her age must do - between her ass and her face, and her face has clearly lost the battle. Something about them together there bummed me out. I like the wicked optimism of Brangelina - like they might just pop out triplets while we watch! I do not like the parade of SJP trying somehow to remain relevant and her emasculated and wandering man showing up just to hold her Lieber clutch. And on another note, did Queen Latifah and Reese Witherspoon wear the same navy "Hey-it's-a-present-wrapped-in-a-ribbon-dress!"? I think maybe so.


Did you guys watch? What did you think? Please tell me you all snickered a little when they showed Jennifer Aniston and then Angelina. Those directors are filled with spite. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment