Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mini kitchen update:


I came home yesterday and was like, "What??? What is all this shit?" Drippy patches were hanging from the walls. It was painting day.

And then my better half said, "I think it's like spackle or filler." And then I realized that the painters skim-coated ALL the walls to even them out. Holy cow. So in a moment I went from, "What the fuck?" to "My painters are geniuses!"

I didn't know this was part of the deal. I just expected dudes to paint - simply paint - as I would. But it's a good thing that is not the case because I am the kind of person who would paint a cobweb or a hair into the wall.


-Counters go in early next week.
-Sink is in, but I can't see it because all the cabinets are covered up for the painters.
-New faucet needs to be ordered stat. I am sending the old one back (Everyone was right about the skinny handles.)
-Still need to figure out lighting for two more spots in the kitchen, but I'm not rushing that decision.
-Ditto on the backsplash. No decisions there yet. Oy.
-That's really all that remains to be done. I should be making a mess again in my kitchen by end of next week. Thank the lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment